- 1 Basic Approach to the Protection of Personal Information
- 2 Acquisition and Use of Personal Information
- 3 Outsourcing and provision of personal data to third parties
- 4 Obligations of Business Operators Handling Anonymously Processed Information (Creation of Anonymous Processed Information, etc.)
- 5 Inquiries about personal information
- 6 Request for disclosure of personal information
Basic Approach to the Protection of Personal Information
The Intestinal Flora Transplant Clinical Research Foundation (hereinafter referred to as "the Foundation") complies with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and the Enforcement Order for the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as the "Personal Information Protection Act"), keeps your personal information accurate and up-to-date, and takes necessary measures such as maintenance of a security system, development of a management system, and thorough staff training to prevent unauthorized access, loss, damage, alteration, or leakage of personal information. In order to prevent unauthorized access, loss, damage, falsification, leakage, etc. of personal information, we take necessary measures such as maintaining a security system, developing a management system, and thoroughly educating our staff. In this way, the rights and interests of individuals are protected while taking into consideration the usefulness of personal information.
In addition, the website operated by the Corporation is protected by SSL communication at all times, so you can browse with peace of mind.
Acquisition and Use of Personal Information
The Organization will acquire personal information of users for the following purposes of use, and will not use it for any purpose other than those listed below, except with the consent of the user.
- To deliver the application form for admission to our institute, the application form for conducting tests, test kits, and various commercial products, etc., which the user has inquired about, to the location specified by the user.
- When used to notify you of seminars, lectures, research presentations, and other events hosted by the Corporation
- To conduct surveys regarding usage conditions and usage environments, and to make various reports and communications to medical institutions, corporations, and individual supporting members with whom we collaborate.
- For purposes of use other than the above that are separately specified by the Corporation
Outsourcing and provision of personal data to third parties
Except in the following cases, KAC will not provide personal data to third parties without obtaining the prior consent of the individual concerned.
- In accordance with the Personal Information Protection Law
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or an individual or entity entrusted by either a national agency or local government to execute affairs prescribed by laws and regulations.
(Obligations of Business Operators Handling Anonymous Processed Information (Creation of Anonymous Processed Information, etc.))
The Corporation shall not process anonymized processed information (limited to that which constitutes anonymized processed information databases, etc.; the same shall apply hereinafter). The same shall apply hereinafter). When creating anonymously processed information (limited to that which constitutes anonymously processed information databases, etc.; the same shall apply hereinafter), the Corporation will process such personal information in accordance with the standards prescribed by the Rules of the Personal Information Protection Commission as necessary to make it impossible to identify specific individuals and to recover the personal information used to create such information.
(2) When the Organization has created anonymized processed information, it shall take measures for the secure management of such information in accordance with the standards set forth in the Rules of the Personal Information Protection Commission as necessary to prevent the leakage of descriptions, etc. and personal identification codes deleted from the personal information used to create the information, and information on the processing method used in accordance with the preceding paragraph.
Inquiries about personal information
If you have any complaints or inquiries about the personal information handled by the Organization, please contact the following office.
Request for Disclosure of Personal Information
The details of requests for disclosure, modification, addition, deletion, or refusal of use or provision (hereinafter referred to as "disclosure, etc.") of personal data by the user himself/herself are as follows.
- Establishment of a Disclosure Desk
The Corporation has established a contact point for requests for disclosure, etc. Requests for disclosure by users themselves will be handled by the Personal Information Manager.
Requests made by the user himself/herself will be accepted by submitting the "Request for Disclosure, etc. Form" and identification documents to the contact person.
- Method of Acceptance
Requests for disclosure can be submitted by mail or by e-mail. Verbal requests made by telephone will not be accepted.
Updated March 2021